The cost of installing a new metal roof in Orlando can range anywhere from $6,600 to $36,100 depending on the size of your rooftop and the metal type you install. A metal roofing installation per square foot costs about $6.60 to $10.30. Installation costs of your preferred Orlando roofing contractor may also impact your total cost.
The Cost Of Metal Roofing In Orlando
Below we’ve provided you with a guide on how much you can expect to pay for metal roof installation in the Orlando area.
This is how much you can expect to pay for your Orlando roof line:
- 1,000 sf. roof / 10 squares = $6,600 to $10,300
- 1,500 sf. roof / 15 squares = $9,900 to $15,500
- 2,000 sf. roof / 20 squares = $13,200 to $20,600
- 2,500 sf. roof / 25 squares = $16,500 to $25,800
- 3,000 sf. roof / 30 squares = $19,800 to $30,900
- 3,500 sf. roof / 35 squares = $23,100 to $36,100
Request a quote to receive a more accurate estimate for your metal roof installation.
Here you’ll find some details on the types of metal that you can install on your rooftop:
Corrugated Metal Roofing
- Corrugated metal is prefabricated and cost-effective.
- Corrugation runs perpendicular to steel grooves to enhance strength.
- Directs water off of your roof.
- Galvanized steel rolled into a pattern.
- Lightweight, corrosion-resistant, durable, and easily transported.
- Patterns may vary, corrugated metal is stacked like tile.
- The most popular styles of corrugated metal are U-panel and R-panel.
Standing-Seam Metal Roofing
- Aesthetic standing seam also protects the fasteners.
- Choose a specific seam type based on climate to protect your building.
- Come in snap-lock, mechanical lock, and batten panel seal types.
- Durable and cost-effective.
- Each seal type provides different protection.
- Seams stand up higher than the roof itself due to interlocking panels.
- Wide range of colors, lengths, widths, thicknesses, and seam types offered.
The Pros and Cons of A New Metal Roof
We understand that the roof you choose for your home or business is an important decision. Below you’ll find some points to consider to inform your choice better.
Pros Of Metal Roofing
- Durability: You can count on metal roofs to withstand the elements—including gusts of wind up to 140 miles per hour—and not corrode or crack thanks to rust-proof coatings.
- Longevity: A properly installed metal roof will last as long as the house, with an expected lifespan of 40 to 70 years and, often. (By contrast, traditional asphalt roofing typically lasts 12 to 20 years.)
- Sustainability: Metal roofs can be fully recycled at the end of their service life, with materials such as steel able to do so without losing strength or durability.
Cons Of Metal Roofing
- Metal Can Dent: If you think heavy hail would be a possibility in your area, choose materials that are guaranteed not to dent. Or choose metal roofing shingles, metal roofing shakes, or roofing that has a pattern or ribbed structure that gives it rigidity. Always, choose 24- or 26-gauge steel for maximum durability.
- Noisy: Unless sheathed or insulated, (which can add to the total cost of your roof) metal roofing can add increasing noise to your home, particularly during rain and thunderstorms.
- Upfront Costs: Higher-end metal roofing materials can run over 10 times the cost of asphalt, and that’s not taking installation costs into account.
Have questions about whether or not a metal roof is right for your home? Are you ready to start your Orlando home’s new metal roof installation? Don’t delay, give Pinnacle Roofing Group LLC. a call today!