Sure, they’re one of the most expensive roofing types on the market, but in most cases, you’ll see a massive return on your investment. Not only will your home be worth more with a tile roof, but the roof itself can also last up to 50+ years. Maintenance is less frequent and more straightforward than other roofing options. And in the event your roof gets damaged, you won’t have to replace the entire thing. With tile, you can simply fix that one section.
If you’re looking to invest in brand-new tile roofing to take your home to the next level, give the Pinnacle Roofing Group a call and set up your free consultation with a tile roof expert. We specialize in repairing and installing tile roofs in Orlando. Contact Orlando’s trusted roofing company today!
Tile Roof Replacement Cost
A tile roofing system for your Orlando home can range anywhere from $4,000 to $35,000, depending on the size of your rooftop and the type of tile you install. Primarily we install clay and concrete tiles, but we are capable of installing a variety of specialty tiles such as ceramic as well!
Tile roofs cost about $4.00 to $10.00 per sq ft.
This is how much you can expect to pay for your roof line:
- 1,000 sf roof / 10 squares = $4,000 to $10,000
- 1,500 sf roof / 15 squares = $6,000 to $15,000
- 2,000 sf roof / 20 squares = $8,000 to $20,000
- 2,500 sf roof / 25 squares = $10,000 to $25,000
- 3,000 sf roof / 30 squares = $12,000 to $30,000
- 3,500 sf roof / 35 squares = $14,000 to $35,000
Clay Tile Roofing
Clay tile roofing is one of the oldest and most commonly used types of roofing around the world. A well-cared-for clay tile roof can last upwards of 100 years. Clay tiles are available in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors and can really up the curb appeal of your home. Because of their reflective properties, the energy efficiency of your home will increase significantly.
Clay tiles are not susceptible to mold or rot, can withstand strong winds, and do not contract and expand with fluctuating temperatures like other materials.
Concrete Tile Roofing
Concrete tiles are known to be the most durable of tile materials — after all, they’ve been around for centuries. Concrete is very strong and can withstand extreme weather conditions without sustaining damage. Concrete tiles require little maintenance during the lifespan of your roof. Enjoy more peace and quiet at home with concrete roof tiles as their density often decreases the sounds of outside traffic.
The Pros and Cons of Tile Roofing
If you’re trying to decide if a tile roof is right for you, consult our helpful pros and cons list below. It’s best to be prepared and know what to expect.
Pros of Tile Roofs
- Aesthetically Pleasing: Tile roofs can instantly elevate the look of your home’s curb appeal. You might think this style will only work if you are right on the beach, but that’s not true. No matter what part of the state you live in, you can enjoy a classic tile roof.
- Durable: A tile roof can last as long as 100 years. The tiles are resistant to rot and insect damage. And unlike other materials, tile will never decay.
- Many Style Options: Whether your home is contemporary or traditional, you can find the right kind of tile to compliment your style. Roofing tiles can be flat, curved, fluted, or interlocking and come in hundreds of colors.
Cons of Tile Roofs
- High Cost: Tile roofs cost more than traditional asphalt shingle roofs.
- Not Suitable for All Roof Types: Tile roofs are only an option if your roof has a relatively sharp slope.
If you’re ready to see if tile roofing is right for you, go call the Pinnacle Roofing Group today!